What to do when an Incident/Accident Occurs
While not an exhaustive list, the following information is provided to assist you should a loss occur. Nothing contained within this material should be construed as providing legal advice nor does it imply coverage will be afforded. Every claim submitted must be reviewed and evaluated based upon the applicable policy of insurance and the facts of loss.
- Make sure everyone is ok – call for medical assistance if necessary.
- Notify the police about the loss.
- Exchange contact and insurance information with other parties.
- Get the names and phone numbers of any witnesses.
- Photograph the scene prior to moving the vehicle(s) if this can be safely done.
- Take reasonable steps to move your vehicle from the scene and to safeguard it and any personal property contained in the vehicle from subsequent damage.
- Make no commitments for payment. Do not discuss fault or blame at the scene.
- Do not discuss the details of the accident with anyone except the police, your insurance agent, claim adjuster, or your attorney.